Responsible Gaming Policy
- Olimp Ltd aims to put in place procedures to prevent the abuse of gambling and the proliferation of compulsive gamblers.
- Gaming is a form of entertainment enjoyed by millions of people and many gamblers play without experiencing any problems. However, some people can become addicted to this type of entertainment.
- Just as with alcohol or drugs, people can get addicted to gambling. Having a one-time losing streak will not change your life style but losing sufficient amounts of money on regular basis indicates signs of compulsive gambling. Problem gambling causes disruptions in any major area of life: psychological, physical, social or vocational. It usually begins in adolescence in men and later in women.
- This behavior usually progresses from occasional gambling to habitual gambling. The urge to gamble becomes so great that the tension can only be relieved by more gambling. Higher stakes and personal risks become involved, as well as neglect of other interests, family, and work.
- Prevention of the urge to develop addictive behavior is challenging and may not always be possible. Counseling may benefit people who are prone to compulsive gambling or other addictive behavior. People with close relatives who are compulsive gamblers might be at higher risk and should be especially careful.
Take a look at these questions and see whether they apply to you:
- Do you stay away from work, college or school to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
- Have others ever criticized your gambling?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or hobbies?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
- If your reply to any or some of these questions is in the affirmative, you are urged to ask for help or contact one of the following:
- Global Gambling Guidance Group – www.gx4.com
- Gordon House Therapy Services - www.gordonmoody.org.uk
- Gambling Therapy – www.gamblingtherapy.org
- GamCare - www.gamcare.org.uk
Olimp Ltd Internal Procedures and Regulations
Olimp Ltd endorses a policy of responsible gaming and seeks to address this problem in a number of ways:
- A membership can be cancelled and a Player prevented from using the Internet Site, if such Player asks Olimp Ltd to do so.
- Procedures profiling Players and identifying a Player’s age are in place in order to prevent and preclude underage gaming.
- Upon request the Player’s e-mail address can be removed from the Olimp Ltd email list.
In accordance with its Responsible Gaming Policy, Olimp Ltd also gives the opportunity to the Player to limit the amount that the Player may wager. A Player may by written notice or electronic notice to Olimp Ltd :
- Set a limit on the amount the Player may wager within a specified period of time.
- Set a limit on the losses the Player may incur within a specified period of time.
- Set a limit on the amount of time the Player may play in any one session.
- Exclude the Player from playing for a definite or indefinite period of time.
- A Player who has set a limit or exclusion under this regulation may change or revoke the limit or exclusion by written notice or electronic notice given to Olimp Ltd
- A notice increasing or revoking a limit or decreasing the exclusion has effect only after seven days after Olimp Ltd has received the notice. A notice reducing a limit or increasing the exclusion has effect immediately after it is received by the Olimp Ltd
- Olimp Ltd shall not accept a wager from a Player contrary to a limit or exclusion set by the Player himself.
- Olimp Ltd is also precluded, through its internal policies and controls as well as the legislation of the state of Malta, from giving any form of credit to Players or any form of loan.